Nutella Pumpkin Swirl Pie
What's Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? What's LIFE without Nutella? The two of these together is everything you never knew you wanted. So easy to make with a simple crust made from gingersnap cookies...SO GOOD! Oh, did I mention the Nutella part? Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 1 PIE):
- 1 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella, warmed
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8 or 9 inch pie dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
3. Grind up gingersnap cookies, using a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
4. Combine crumbs with melted butter and sugar and press into prepared pie dish. (Only press the crumbs halfway up the sides of pie dish so the crust doesn't burn)
5. Bake crust for 10 minutes and allow to slightly cool.
6. In a large bowl, lightly whisk the room temperature eggs.
7. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the Nutella.
8. Once combined, pour filling in to pie dish, then drop dollops of warmed Nutella onto pie and gently swirl with the back of a butter knife. (you can microwave Nutella for about 30 seconds, this will make it much easier to work with).
9. Bake at 350 degrees F., for 40-45 minutes until center is still wet but doesn't really jiggle.
10. Pie can keep for up to 4 days, covered in the refrigerator.
All images ©2016 Jonathan Stiers | Recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction