Oven Baked Garlic-Parmesan Fries
Ok, so ideally I would've posted these when I posted my Memorial Day Burger, but I've been playing around with a few recipes and wanted to make sure I brought you the tastiest one! The best part about these, other than the flavor of course, is that they're oven-baked. So since they're not fried you won't feel AS guilty when you put away a few more of these. And trust me, you'll put some away, especially with these two SUPER-SIMPLE dipping sauces. See more below!
- 3-5 russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic powder (depending on how much garlic you like!)
- 1-2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons dried thyme
- Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped for garnish
AIOLI SAUCE (stir ingredients below to combine)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
BBQ DIPPING SAUCE (stir ingredients below to combine)
- 2 tablespoons regular mayo
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a mandoline or a kitchen knife to slice potatoes in to fries. Here is a video example of how to hand cut them, using a kitchen knife. NOTE: This video/recipe calls for peeled potatoes, I left the SKIN ON, for this recipe.
- Once you've cut your fries, place them in a large bowl, filled with cold water, completely submerging them for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour (I did an hour). This will help remove excess starch so your fries will be more crispy!
- Drain fries and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, and cover with parchment paper.
- Evenly place the fries on the baking sheet, making sure they don't overlap. If your tray is too crowded, you may need a second baking sheet. You want to make sure the fries are spread out and not touching.
- Generously drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, minced garlic, salt, pepper and dried thyme. Toss to coat so that your fries don't stick. (You can also do this in a bowl prior to placing on baking sheet)
- Place in oven for about 30 minutes until fries soften.
- Using a spatula, flip fries, being careful not to break them!
- Turn oven up to 425 degrees and bake for an addition 25-20 minutes, until fries are golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle immediately with parmesan cheese and parsley.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Burger Love - Burger Recipe
All photos by Jonathan Stiers ©2015