Peach & Goat Cheese Tart with Honey
I've had a few puff pastry sheets just sitting in my freezer, so I thought I should get busy and use them somehow. Fast forward to these UH-MAZING Peach & Goat Cheese Tarts, drizzled with yummy honey. The fresh peaches with the goat cheese provide the perfect bittersweet combination. Oh and then there's the honey. Try to eat just one...I dare you.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (should still thawed yet still cool and not room temperature)
- 1lb yellow peaches, rinsed, dried, pitted and sliced in to wedges
- 4-6oz goat cheese (depending on how much you like - I prefer a THIN layer)
- Fresh cracked, black pepper
- 1 egg for egg wash
1. Preheat over to 425F.
2. Cut pastry in to 6, 4-inch squares and place on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
3. Prick each square all over with a fork.
4. Beat 1 egg and apply a 1/2 inch egg wash border to each square.
5. Apply a thin layer of goat cheese on each square, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
6. Top each square with 3-4 peach wedges.
7. Apply fresh cracked pepper to each square.
8. Bake for 10 minutes and rotate pan.
9. Bake for another 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown and peaches have softened.
10. Generously drizzle with honey and enjoy!
All Photos ©2015 Jonathan Stiers | Recipe Adapted from Some the Wiser.