Chinese Lunar New Year - Lucky Cat Martini (Guest Post for Pottery Barn)
This is part 1 of 2 of my guest post for Pottery Barn. See original post here.
The Chinese Lunar New Year or Spring Festival as it's also known, is the single, most important social and economic holiday in China. It is a time of celebration — gathering together with family, relaxing and most importantly, feasting! So, what better way to join in the celebration than with a signature cocktail?!
Lucky Cat Martini (Makes 1 Martini)
- 2 ounces Smirnoff® Vanilla Vodka (or other brand of choice)
- 0.5 ounce Chambord Liquer (inspired by raspberries!)
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- Bamboo skewers, fresh raspberries & pineapple leaves for garnish
1. Using a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice; combine the vodka and pineapple juice, and shake vigorously until combined - about 20 seconds.
2. Strain into a chilled, Schott-Zwiesel martin glass, topping glass off with leftover foam. (Martini glasses may be chilled in the freezer, 30 minutes prior to serving)
3. Sink Chambord to the bottom of the glass. To do so, hold the cap, spout or jigger up against the inside of the glass and slowly pour, letting the Chambord sink to the bottom.
4. Using a bamboo skewer, garnish with a fresh pineapple leaf and raspberry.
5. Serve on Pottery Barn's Harrison bar tray, sprinkled with Chinese fortune cookies.